Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lacey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 7 May 2007 00:00

Sheila Menditta I am trying to find any family related to my grandparents, Philip Lacey born 1875, at Kingsland, Hackney and Annie Elizabeth Hollis, born Bethnal Green. Besides my father Thomas Lacey, born 1897, at Halfnickel St, Bethnal Green, they had two other sons, George and Philip, both married but had no children. Their daughters were Rosetta Lacey whose married name was Ball, another daughter was Emily Elizabeth, known as 'Lylie', she married Sidney Isaacs, and had three sons - Sidney, Philip and Leonard, her 2nd husband was Reginald Wiseman. Another daughter was Winifred who married Robert Carr. There may have been another daughter Nellie, or she could be the Nellie adopted by my greatgrand parents, Thomas Lacey, and Mary Ann, as according to the 1901 census, the people living in Thomas's house are his wife, Mary Ann, their son Philip and his wife Annie, and their children Thomas, age 3, my father and George age 10 months. Also living in the house is Nellie Hughes age 8 adopted. If anyone has any information regarding any of these people, I would love to hear from you.