Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jean Langford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 9 Apr 2006 15:30

I am looking for any information about my great-grandfather, James LANGFORD who was born in Bilston, near Wolverhampton in 1844/1845. He was an iron miner on the 1871 Census and lived in Yorkshore, a builder and lived in Wales in the 1881 Census, a house agent and lived in London in 18971. His father's name was Edward. He and my great-grandmother, Charlotte Meadows, married in London in 1896. Thanks for any help Jean (LANGFORD)

Jo

Jo Report 3 Nov 2007 22:11

Hi Jean, I'm not sure if it's a match because of the place of birth but my gr gr grandad Edward Langford's brother was James and their father was Edward. My records however have him born in Q2 1843 in Radnorshire, just over the Welsh border from Staffordshire. James' brother, Edward moved onto Shropshire then up to Durham where my family still live. My tree is on Ancestry if you'd like me to send you details.

Regards,
Jo Langford