Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lawrence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley

Hayley Report 3 Jun 2007 14:01

I am seeking any information about ALFRED JAMES LAWRENCE and his ancestors or descendents. I can't find his birth or death details but according to my grandmother he emigrated from the UK to Australia (and spent some time in Western Australia) in the late 1800's and there are mixed records about whether he actually married my great-great grandmother or not: ADELAIDE LUCY RUSS (b. abt 1872 in Fremantle WA Australia and d. 15 Oct 1945 in East Perth WA Australia). They had three children - BLANCHE GERTRUDE LAWRENCE b. 4 Dec 1891 Fremantle WA Australia VERNON ALFRED RUSS b. 20 Jan 1895 Perth WA Australia ROSE LAWRENCE (known as Rosie) b. 5 Jul 1904 Perth WA Australia and d. 22 Dec 1954 in Randwick NSW Australia (my great grandmother). Rose Lawrence married Robert Henry WARREN on 11 Feb 1922 in Katoomber NSW Australia Any information you can provide about this line of my family would be most appreciated. Many thanks, Hayley Smilie (nee Barnes)