Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lawrence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annetta

Annetta Report 7 May 2007 14:00

I'm trying to find ELIZABETH LAWRENCE, who was my gt-grandmother. Known facts are: 1891 census in St Pancras with husband? George Andrews(a glazier) and five children Edward age 10, George F age 6, Alice M age 4, Frederick R age 3 and William (my grandfather) age 1. 1901 census in Islington with husband George and children George age 16, Alice age 14, Frederick age 12, William age 11, Percy age 9 and Joseph age 7. Both the censuses suggest she was born in Holborn/St Giles areas of London in approx 1855. We don't know any more. We don't have enough info to look for a birth cert for her but Lawrence may be her maiden name or a married name. Nor can we find her marriage to George. Having problems tracking down a death but we think she probably died before 1920. If anyone can help we would be really grateful as she's eluded us for over 20 years!