Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lee Lane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 6 May 2007 13:19

Hi there Do you know anyone who has lived in Lee Lane Ploughcroft Halifax? The house I live in is on the main cobbled road and was built in the 1780's, it has obviously been altered dramatically over the years. It is thought that originally the house may have been two dwellings back to back. Can anyone provide me with any information/photos etc regarding the history of Lee Lane. I have checked the census details back to 1851 and know that from then up until 1901 a family called Turner lived in the house. I have also been to the main library and checked old maps however they did not provide me with any useful information Any help/info would be extremely welcome. Karen