Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lesley Levy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 9 Jan 2007 21:47

Hi, I am trying to find out any information on my father's side: My fathers name is David Alfred Levy Born 1941his father is: Ernest Alfred Levy Born 1915 Have managed to track down the following: William Thomas Levy Born 1888 William Samuel levy Born 1870 William Levy Born 1848 Lewis Levy - Date of birth/death unknown Jacob Levy - Date of birth/death unknown We believe most of the above came from the East End of London and we may be of Israel/Jewish decent. Any information on the above I would be most grateful of. Thank you Lesley Levy

Melissa

Melissa Report 26 Oct 2007 10:13

Hi Lesley,

I have a Jacob Levy in my family, however he would have been born in the late 1700's and very possibly from the Leeds area. I started going through the microfische records at the Archives Office last week, and found two daughters, Hannah and Elizabeth but i ran out of time, so there may very well be more children. Could this fit in with any of your tree?

Kind regards
Melissa

Terence (Terry)

Terence (Terry) Report 18 Dec 2007 17:52

Hi Leslie,
One of my mother's sisters married a Thomas Jack Levy, her first cousin. Some time ago I made contact with a Diane Levy in whose tree there are several Levys from Chatham/ Gillingham. Are they connected with your Levys?
Terry
[email protected]