Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Littleton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 21 Jun 2006 21:15

I have traced back Littletons to 1300s in Cornwall - my gt gt grandmother was Eleanor. I have discovered that her nephew, Nicholas worked with Brunel on the royal albert bridge. Her brother was a doctor and so were his three sons. thomas was chief surgeon in the royal navy and was basedin Greenwich. family names are nicholas, hugh, william mainly. any other links?

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 17 Oct 2007 12:17

Hello Shirley

was your g g grandmother Eleanor who's mother was Mary Ann Littleton? Born in St Winnow?

Shirley

Shirley Report 2 Nov 2007 12:13

Hi Dorothy
My Eleanor Littleton married Phillip Porter - her father was Nicholas Littleton and Thomasine Dewstowe. However, there is also a Mary Littleton born St Winnow in my tree. My genes tree is not fully up to date, I have much more on my own database.

Shirley