Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please sumone help!! been lookin for my half bro n

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 23 Dec 2007 01:19

hi please please im hopin sumone can help me find my half brother and sister robert and jessica livsey/livesley unsure how spelt. there mum is called sally and was born in southport merseyside.
basically my dad had an affair over 18 years ago now and produced 2 children robert and jessica. i have only met them once and i think i was 9/10 at the time. robert was aged 5 i think and jessica 3 years. no one knows any info my dad does not see them. i realy want to find them so much i have tried lookin everywere. im unsure if im doin it right but i cant find any records for them.i desperatly want to meet them and hope thy want to meet there 2 half sisters me tracey and my sister sam and my brother paul cark. there dad is ian clark born in southport 1956.
if anyone can help me find them or any advice pls i dont know were to start. many thx. tracey clark xxxx

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Dec 2007 02:17

This would be their births, Tracey:

[personal info edited out]

This is slightly personal to be putting on here, so maybe you can copy that info out and then I can delete it from the board here.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Dec 2007 02:24

Their mum married:

[personal info edited out]

But I don't see them on a recent electoral list, so you could find their address.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Dec 2007 02:29

You could try looking for a phone number

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

-- there are several A. Walls in the area. It may be that your half-sibs go by that surname now too.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Dec 2007 02:49

More info sent by PM -- please let me know you've got the info here, Tracey.

Tracey

Tracey Report 23 Dec 2007 12:22

thanks kathryn my gosh its them. i remeber now his middles name was ian after my dad oh my god thanks so muc. were do i go from here?look up there number on the phonebook? im not very good at these thins lol. thanks so much for time taken to help me
traceyxxx

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 23 Dec 2007 18:28

You're very welcome, and thanks for the PM. From here? I guess I'd say just call those numbers in the phone book!

I checked for a number for one of those people who had signed at that site with a full name, but didn't find a listing. I was just thinking you might want to contact a family friend first, rather than making a cold phone call.

I'll go ahead and delete that information about their births now, so it's not sitting around in cyberspace without them knowing.

Best of luck, and say hello to them from Canada when you get together!

Tracey

Tracey Report 24 Dec 2007 01:57

i tried evey number i didnt say who i ws just that i was wondering if a anhony and sally lived at addrss all of them was no match. just looked in to my eails tho and had reply of another membor and she has a sally wall anthony wall and heer addres tyed it in to that link u sent me an hey presto got number. scared now i have it no its them and i dont no what to do. i dont no any family membors. maybe shd i w8 till after xma but i dont think i can w8 tht long. what wud u do?? its a long story but my dad has no contact with them reason i have took it upon myself to find them. i dont want to cause upset but on the other hand they have right to know we exist ND ARE LOOKING FOR THEM?they only met us once and that was 16/17years ago. they was young. sorry to bother u with this im bieng a pain i no but advice from a outside party wud be gratefully recived.
many thanks. tracey x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 24 Dec 2007 02:16

That's a very hard thing to give advice about, Tracey, especially for someone like me who's had no experience with it at all. I wouldn't want to give advice, really.

I would want to think about it as being between you and your half-sibs -- none of you had anything to do with what your parents got up to.

But they're still a little young -- about 18 and 15. You and your own sibs are probably "adults". Your half-sibs' parents might be protective of them still.

Why don't you ask your question at the Tips board here?

Make a new thread, and copy the URL for this thread into it:

http://genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=985522

Say that you have found where your half-siblings are today, that they're about 18 and 15 and live with their mother and stepfather and have only met you when they were very young, and don't know their father, who is your father.

Ask what other people have done in this kind of situation. I'm sure there are people here who have had similar situations.

Give your post a subject line like -- here, I'll write one for you:

Should I contact teenaged half-siblings, and how?

and see what people can tell you about what they've done. The thing is that your half-sibs would probably love to hear from you, but you don't want to upset their parents in the process.

It might be that talking to their stepfather first would be wise, since he wasn't part of the messy business that happened before he met their mum, and he's not going to have bad feelings about it. That's just an idea. See what other people have to say.