Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Lomax

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 8 Nov 2007 18:21

Please can anyone help me as I have hit a brickwall with my 4xgreat grandfather James Lomax. I have very little information regarding him except that he married a Charlotte Osborn(e), unfortunately I do not know when and where and that he was a bricklayer. They had 9 children, 2 of which were born in Surrey and the remaining 7 were born in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Their children were :-

Robert bn 1812 in Camberwell (my ancestor).
Fanny bn c1814 in Dulwich.
John bn 1817 in Bury St Edmunds.
Charlotte bn 1819 in Bury St Edmunds.
James bn 1821 in Bury St Edmunds.
William bn 1823 in Bury St Edmunds.
George bn 1825 in Bury St Edmunds.
Joseph bn 1827 in Bury St Edmunds.
Ann bn 1829 in Bury St Edmunds.

I have baptisms for all these children.

James and Charlotte do not appear on the censuses so hence I do not know where they came from. I have also checked the IGI and the National Burial Index with no luck.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Linda

Linda Report 8 Nov 2007 18:26

Do you have any dates for their marriage or the children's births?

SueS

SueS Report 9 Nov 2007 17:37

The IGI records several christenings for children of James and Charlotte, the earliest being 1819 so James and Charlotte would be getting on in years by the 1841 census so may well have died. Maybe if you saw the actual christening entries there might be a clue.