Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Longhurst

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 7 Aug 2007 21:23

Dear Jack, I often think of those lovely childhood years when I used to wheel Moreen in her pram to you house and visit you all. Your mother was just the greatest cook, was'nt she? The smells coming from her oven were so delicious. And how I abnsolutely adored your dear Dad. He was never the same after she died, was he? I really loved that man. He reminded me so much of my Dad, but he was a much better man and would never have left his family like my Dad did. I wonder if you are still living at the same house. I had a brain tumour in 2005 which was removed. It wasn't (thank God) malignant but I am still feeling the effects of that surgery. I am not sure if you ever met my husband Eric. He was in the Navy during the war. We immigrated to Canada in 1951, I had 2 sons, one of whom died the day after he finished University where he was specializing in Military History with a view to becoming a professor in that subject, He planned to do another year here then go to England to get his doctorate in that subject then come back to Canada to teach. Our firsdtborn son, David, who I took to your house when I was over in 1959, is married and has two daughters. He left University to take a job with Bell Telephone and has travelled with that job to Saudi Arabia (for 3 years) Australia, Guatemala and several other places I can;t remember now. I hope this letter reaches you but it is very possible that you are not on the Internet but I thought I would try anyway. I am now 78 and the only other surviving member of our family is Ron (the oldest male and oldest female). I had a brain tumour removed and am not much good now. I can't walk without a cane or walker. Let me know if this, by any chance, reaches you. Fond memories, Joyce Watson (nee Longhurst)