Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Loosemore.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cow Girl

Cow Girl Report 11 Jun 2007 12:42

Hello, I have hit a brick wall and aould appreciate any assistance. I am looking for any information regarding the family of Eileen Loosemore b 1928 in Pontypridd Wales. She married Tom Speight and they had 2 children John and Anne and they all emigrated to Australia. My brickwall is about Eileen's father's other families. Edward Loosemore was married 3 times, first to Elizabeth Bridgeman and they had 4 children, second to Annie M Jones (eileens mother) then to Lilian Dale. All of this happened in or around Pontypridd Wales. A couple of specific questions, 1 what happened to the children of the first marriage when Edward married Annie, 2 was eileen in an orphanage or were they all in the work house (eileen did not live with her parents till she was 8) what were the local places that she/they may have been in, 3 Lillian Dale was supposed to have bought 2 daughters into the marriage, who were they, what happened to them? Apparently Eileen arrived home from school one day (she was ?15) to find that the family had moved without telling her. Any information regarding these families would be most appreciated. (Eileen has alzheimers and is unable to talk about the family) Regards June