Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Francis Lynch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Francis

Francis Report 9 Aug 2007 15:59

My name is Francis Lynch, trying to put together a family tree of my adopted parents. My father was John Lynch born in Glasgow in around 1914, My father was from Glasgow one of two brothers and I think two sisters John,Patrick,Frances, and one other. I believe in the very early days arround 1910 they lived in the Gorbals area of Glasgow. My fathers and his brother Patrick served in the last war, my father was in the Royal Scots Fussaliers and his brother served in the Royal Marines. One of my fathers sisters lived and run a guesthouse / hotel in the south of England. My mother was Margaret Lynch ne Mc Donnald I think born in Hurlford / Barleath near Kilmarnock in around 1911. Her fathers name escapes me, and she had a brother Tommy and a sister Sara. Her sister married Tommy Toal who work in the coal mines in Patna in Ayrshire and Cannock in Staffordshire, they had a son Tommy Jnr. her brother Tommy work in Oldham Lanks and married his wife Hilda, who I dont know her maden name. they had a son John and a daughter Maurine. At this point my memeory dries up, not very much to go on, im just hopefull that someone reserching their own family tree can 'adopt me' once again. This is just a plea for information to help me construct a family tree of the adopted father and mother of which I am so very proud.

Gerry

Gerry Report 13 Nov 2007 09:28

No connection, I`m afraid.
Gerry L, Edinburgh