Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Martin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jean,300171

jean,300171 Report 10 May 2007 19:53

Any one got John James martin born 1865 Boddy's Bridge Christ Church Surrey Mother Sarah Martin /formaly Kellers.Father John martin.both parents were BLIND!! Young John joined the army in Colchester in 1886 and served in India and Africa until 1901 when he was inlvalided out, he then married a Harriet Dwyer in May 1901 he was 36 yrs old and she was 22yrs old.they were married at West Ham registra Office ,and on cert he states that he was a widower!! can any one tell me who his First wife was and when they Married?? or when she died?? {all I know is her name was Sarah!! because on his war records he has his next of kin as { wife Sarah } and try as I may I cant find a first marriage or a death .if you think they maybe on your tree and you can help please contact me through this sight. thank you Jean.