Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McCann

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 18 Jul 2007 12:02

Michael McCann Hi I am trying to find or track my relations on my father's side . My father's name was Gerard Hugh McCann , he was born near Drumadarragh , Northern Ireland in 1913 .He left Ireland to teach near Worcester, England and later left England to go to South Africa. He moved to Zambia (Northern Rhodesia) where he married my mother , Gladys Darlison. They had two children, Sheena and myself ,Michael, sadly my father passed away in 1962 so I never knew him as I was not two years old then .His father's name was Francis McCann , a farmer, and his mother , Catherine nee McKenna , was a doctor , I believe he had two sisters , one a nurse and the other a shopkeeper. Any help would be gratefully received as I have no recollection of my father and my mother has very few documents relating to hlm .