Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McCaughern

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 11 Feb 2007 17:09

HELLO DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY MCCAUGHERNS (WHICH COULD BE SPELT MCCAUGHREN OR SIMILAR) MY GREAT ,GREAT GRANDFATHER WENT TO AMERICA IN THE EARLY 1900S WE HAVE AN OLD POSTCARD FROM NEW JERSEY.HE MIGHT HAVE SETTLED THERE OR MOVED ON WE DONT KNOW , WE DO KNOW THAT A FEW YEARS AGO SOMEONE TRIED TO CONTACT US FROM AMERICA BUT BECAUSE WE DO NOT GO BY TOWNLANDS ANYMORE THE POSTMAN WAS UNABLE TO GIVE IT TO US.HIS NAME WAS JAMES MCCAUGHERN AND WE BELIEVE THAT HE HAD A FAMILY OVER IN AMERICA AND THAT IT WAS THEM WHO TRIED TO CONTACT US.IF ANYONE CAN ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH INFO. THANKS

Mervyn

Mervyn Report 5 Nov 2007 13:48

Do you know where he was from?

Many thanks.

mervyn

Mervyn

Many thanks.

mervyn

Mervyn

Many thanks.

mervyn

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 5 Nov 2007 14:07

found this and there are lots more that could be related but where are you from?
John MCCAUGHERN
Birth Date: 6 Aug 1913
Death Date: 29 May 2005
Social Security Number: 040-01-5362
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Connecticut

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 06010
Localities: Bristol, Hartford, Connecticut
Forestville, Hartford, Connecticut