Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RE;JOHN MCCOLLOUGH'S DELETED THREAD

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 21 May 2009 12:37

For all those members who did not get the chance to congratulate John and Geraldine on finding one another,here is your chance,I am sure John and Geraldine would love to Celebrate with us.
I for one am very happy for them both,to think of them meeting each other for the first time gives me goosebumps.
God bless you both and I hope you get togther very soon.Sue in OZ.xxxxx

Linda

Linda Report 21 May 2009 13:14

Yes, Congratulations to JOHN, LOUISE AND GERALDINE/ AKA JAN!...........A heartwarming outcome despite all the "obstacles".......
love and fondest wishes
from a very teary- eyed linda
god bless
x x x x x x

ann

ann Report 21 May 2009 13:19

Can someone fill me in when and where they found each other?Did Geraldine know she was adopted or not.Been busy latley doing my own tree and have not seen whats going on.John was a lovely man who did deserve to find her.Well done all that helped. Annie

Sheila

Sheila Report 21 May 2009 13:22

Hi Susan

Has John's thread been deleted ? it was on there last night, I cannot seem to find it now. :O(

Some of the the advice offered on this thread was very good, however, that was not just the point, I know from having contact with John and Janice behind the scenes, that the support that they received there proved invaluable, so thanks to those who supported him. :O)

So pleased that this has had a happy outcome ! x

Susan

Susan Report 21 May 2009 14:42

Hi Gran and Sheila
Johns thread was deletd this morning by Genes,
Geraldine Googled her birth name and the Genes site came up so she posted on Johns thread,it was wonderful to see after all this time.
This is just a short thread for everyone that missed out congratulating them .Sue

Dea

Dea Report 21 May 2009 15:31

WWWoooowwwww!!!!!!!

I MISSED that !!

WHY did GR delete the thread??

Did they REALLY get together at last ?????

SO very pleased for them - please fill us in with some details.

Dea Xxx

bighen

bighen Report 21 May 2009 16:28

Great news
,I would like to wish all the family my best wishes .
They will have so much to catch up on .

As i celabrate my birthday next Friday 29/05/47 i will be thinking of them as it will be Geraldines on the following day and i also was born in Willesden .

Once again great news. x x x

John

John Report 21 May 2009 16:42

Hello to all of you helping, can we thank those who supported us all along the way so so much,

Can i also tell people, that it was not me who removed the thread. ..
can i point out that it was brought to the attention of GR by someone that we all know who. . . apparently i had on information on that needed to be removed, the word they told me was wait for it. . now sit down before you fall over laughing,. . . . .ready? 'unmarried' . . . . . . .this was what they say it was removed for!

Lets face it we all KNEW our mothers were unmarried, the two people we spoke of deemed umarried were our mothers, who are both dead over 24 yrs! there are no other siblings or relations who would be offended by this, actually the word was put on the thread to save a lot of you time and energy asking me was your mother married, it meant no one had to start look ups on marriage certs and change of name!

Some folks have little to do? Why was that one word not just deleted? i mean they say i can put all the same details on again as long as i dont include the word UNMARRIED! what a joke.

I CANT SAY IT CLEARLY ENOUGH DO GIVE BASIC DETAILS THAT CAN BE FOUND ON ANY SEARCH ENGINE, WE ALL KNOW FOR OUR OWN SAFETY YOU NEVER GIVE YOUR OWN PERSONAL DETAILS ON ANY MESSAGE BOARD , BUT COME OFF IT, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIND SOMEONE IF YOU DONT GIVE ENOUGH INFORMATION?

AND DO REMEMBER THE ONLY WORD I WAS ASKED TO REMOVE WAS UNMARRIED!

AND I WOULD ASK THE SAME NAME CHANGING PERSON NOT TO PM ME SAYING OH THEY NEVER MEANT ANYTHING BY IT, THEY HAVE PM ME BEFORE AND ADVISED ME TO REDUCE MY POSTING ON THE TTF BOARD!

FOR THOSE WHO DONT REALSIE IT IS A PUBLIC BOARD !

MORAL OF THIS STORY, NEVER GIVE UP, THINGS DO HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!

Our prayers have been answered, God Bless each and every one of you and guide you and support you as he has done for all of us.

We are all still on cloud 9, Sheila, Sallie, Debdob, Darkie, Smiley, the 2 Sue's, AOGG,Linda, Jean, Grannie of10, Springtime and so many more thankyou all, it is you who kept us going at this end!

So remember the next time you are helping someone how you ask , ahh is your mother married ! ! It could just disappear, but then again maybe we should start a new thread, and see how many times the word is used on here! No only joking because we would all be as sad as the person who reported it in the first place!

From all the McCullough's xx

Dea

Dea Report 21 May 2009 16:52

VERY best wishes to you all John !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget what has gone on with the 'deletion' !! - Life is too short!!

I am sorry I missed all the details but - 'I' don't matter here !! - It is 'you' and your 'new found family' who do !!

Enjoy the remaining time you have together !!!!!!!

Dea XXXXXXXXXXXxxx

Dianne

Dianne Report 21 May 2009 18:50

To John and family

Wishing you all the love, luck and happiness in the world for your future together.

Dianne xx

Jean

Jean Report 21 May 2009 19:07

Hello John and all your family,
So lovely to hear evrything has turned out so well for you , you all deserve it after all the hard work you have put in to finding your long lost sister, how lovely is that.

Please keep us updated .
From all your new found friends on G.R

Best wishes as always
jean

Sallie

Sallie Report 21 May 2009 19:10

Hi John and Louise,

Well said John! It's so wonderful for you all, a dream come true.

I'm still excited for you all - can't imagine how you are all feeling.

Hope you will all be able to meet very soon - you'll all have so much to talk about. My best wishes and good luck to you all.

Sallie x

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 21 May 2009 20:33

I'm so pleased for you. I read the thread although didn't contribute. It's such a lovely outcome. V disappointed to hear that the word unmarried could have offended. Anyone doing their family history must surely have come across this! Who are we to judge others' behaviour, often in very difficult times and circumstances.

Dea

Dea Report 21 May 2009 20:41

To **** with the word 'unmarried' !!!!!!!!!!

Although in my day, it was 'natural' to get married and I and my husband have been married for almost 40 yeas, my son, aged 35 has been 'with his partner' for about 18 years - they have 2 children and are very happy but NOT married!!!

This is how it is nowadays and if it lasts longer than the 'average' marriage, there must be something in it ?? - I don't care as long as they are happy !!!

Best wishes to you and your 'family'

Dea x

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 21 May 2009 21:26

I agree Dea - if the word 'unmarried' was the cause of the deletion then in 20/30 years time no-one will be able to trace their ancestors as a fair percentage of the population will be the offspring of unmarried parents.

But my heartfelt congratulations to John and Geraldine.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 21 May 2009 21:38

Congratulations to you John best wishes to you all in your future , by the way i was an UNMARRIED mother at one time.

Love and best Wishes To You Good Luck XXXXXXXXXXX

Tracy

SmileyfromYorks

SmileyfromYorks Report 21 May 2009 21:46

Hello to all of the McCulloughs!

Found you at last! I checked at lunchtime and realised your original thread had been deleted, must admit I wasn't surprised it had gone. I'm equally surprised that it wasn't reported sooner...

The pure joy of knowing you and your sister (and Louise too!) have found one another wipes out all the 'difficulties' that have been experienced whilst posting messages of support on your original thread. It's been worth it and I certainly would do it all over again....x

Take care and I'll look forward to reading your updates..

Very Kind Regards
Smiley x

Susan

Susan Report 22 May 2009 05:33

Hi Everyone
Just to allow for the time difference the world over.

Susan

Susan Report 22 May 2009 09:13

For John and Geraldine,(jan).

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 22 May 2009 10:21

Hi John

Like many others on here I followed your thread from beginning to end and thought it was brilliant the way everyone was helping you to find your sister. I hope you are able to spend some happy and memorable times together very soon. What a lot you have to catch up on?

Wendy xx