Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Derek Macdonald

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lyndyloo6

lyndyloo6 Report 31 Dec 2007 16:45

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me. My father was Charles Derek Macdonald born 1931. My father was also known as Mac. He died in 2003. He had a brother called Owen who was born in 1935 0r 36. He also died died in 2003. Thier mother was Olive Goodfellow who was born in 1913 and died in 1936. I have tried for several months to find a contact with my family. I beleive my grandfather died in the late 1980's, his name was charles. After my grandmother died in 1936, the boys were brought up to the Montrose area and lived with their grandmother Mary Macdonald, who I beleive was born in 1875, but may have been born earlier. My father charles went into the army and served in Korea. He was pensioned out of the army and returned to the Montrose area. He met my mother Wendy Welsh and eloped with her to Edinburgh. I was born in 1953. I have 2 sisters after me. My father left my mother in approx 1957 and went to live in Leeds, which is where my grandfather was living. He later married a lady called JUne.
I beleive that my Uncle Owen has a daughter called Helen who tried to make contact, or asked for information about the Macdonald family.
I would be grataeful for any information about my family as I have very little to go on. I would also like to make contact with any member of my family, as I know I have extended family but do not know them.

Many thanks for helping with this enquiry,

Lynda

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 31 Dec 2007 17:22

death details say he was born 1932.
Name Date of Birth Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
MACDONALD, Charles Derek 2 January 1932 Leeds 2003 July District No 0921B
Reg No B21C
Ent No 173
Dor 703

Name Date of Birth Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
MACDONALD, Owen 25 August 1935 Nth Yorkshre 2003 August District No 6501L
Reg No L10
Ent No 042
Dor 803

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 31 Dec 2007 17:29

Olive Goodfellow mmn Goodfellow born in Chester-le-s vol 10a page 1236, 4th qtr 1913.
I looked at the deaths but the only one I could find the Olive was 50 and that would be to old by what you said.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jan 2008 21:00

I'm just browsing the Goodfellow board, and wondered whether the two people here who have posted about what seems to be the same Olive Goodfellow have been in touch.

The other thread is:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=956737