Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McDonnell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Scott

Scott Report 25 Jul 2007 20:05

If anyone has information on the McDonnell family from Fethard, Co. Tipperary, Ireland it would be gratefully received. Either than or the following family members (all Tipperary as far as I know): Patrick McDonnell born c. 1905 Michael McDonnell born c. 1929 Alice McDonnell born 1933 living in Birkenhead Gerald (Gerr) McDonnell born 1935 Patrick (Austen) McDonnell born c. 1938 living in London Noreen McDonnell (immigrated to USA) born c. 1940, died 2006. married to John Croke and later Don Angel. Thanks in advance, Concepta

Irish Gel

Irish Gel Report 2 Oct 2007 12:34

Hello, my Granny was Margaret Mary McDonnell married Patrick Kiely had Bridget, Owen, Matthew, Margaret, William and Hannah. Patrick died1941, she then married Walter Ernest Geere in 1943 - no children. I do not yet have enough info to say if there is a link but I do know she had cousins who went to America - one became a New York Police Officer - any bells ringing? Her side of the family is a mystery to me at present so I can't offer more info. Kind regards.

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Nov 2007 01:40

Hello Dawn
Your Grannie was my Auntie Maggie - lived at 66 W... ...Road. My father Matthew was her brother. (They were two of eleven children apparently.)
Which of her children was your parent ?
Regards