Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patricia McDowall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Jul 2007 03:24

My name is Patricia McDowall. My husband John's great, great, grandfather was a 'Samuel McDowall' born about 1827 in Scotland. Samuel met and (we hope) married a widow woman named Agnes McKeggan.. widow of Donald... Agnes was a Nisbet by birth.

Agnes and Donald were married December 12, 1845 at Cockburnspath, Berwickshire, Scotland. Donald died in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England in1857 at age 38.

Samuel and Agnes had three sons, James (1864) Andrew (1865) and George (1869) - all born in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England.

Agnes McKeggan and Donald had 6 children - Donald (1847) who died in Birkenhead in 1857; Robina (1848) and John (1851) Agnes (1852) - all born in Scotland and Alexander (1855) and Donald (known as Daniel born in 1857) who were born in Birkenhead.

I would really like to contact anyone who may have knowledge of Samuel and Agnes or the McKeggan children.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance..

Patricia McDowall