Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Warren McIlwain

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Warren

Warren Report 7 Nov 2004 19:57

hello i am warren mcilwain,iwould be interested in the history of my name.i have travelled the world over a 10 year period and maybe a former mcilwain passed it on.i can only go back as far as my fathers father -douglas haig who married my lovely nan doris.douglas haig spent many years in royal air force and unfortunatly commited suicide in 1962,if you are a member get intouch please,iwould love to know any info

Clare-marie

Clare-marie Report 27 Oct 2007 20:16

Hi
Our McIlwain family lived for many years in Aberdeen but originally came over from Ireland but haven't been able to continue the trace there. Although, the name itself originated for the famous cannibal tribe in scotland 'the McBeens'!!
Hope this helps!
Clare-marie McIlwain