Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McMillan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 24 May 2007 19:06

I am looking for any living relatives of Grace Hamilton McMillan who was born in 1893 in West Kilbride, to Catherine McMillan. Catherine was unmarried at this time. Grace married a George Simpson in Glasgow. On the 1901 census Grace came under the name of Grace Stalker. Her mother Catherine married Malcolm Stalker and she had three sons, Daniel, Joseph and Archibald. Daniel died in WW1. Joseph died in 1949 in Leeds. My mum is his daughter. Archibald died not long after his birth. He is unnamed on the census. Catherine also died shortly after the census was taken. I have little or no information of what happened to Daniel, Joseph andGrace after Catherine died in 1901. I have been told by someone who is searching the Stalker line that after Catherine died Malcolm didnt take the children with him when he remarried in 1902. So any information on Joseph and Grace would be of particular interest to me.