Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Meaney

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 26 Mar 2006 17:08

Hi, I'm trying to find the Ireland side of my family tree and searching for any links out there. My great grandmother was Bridget Meaney who married Edward John Blackburn (they met when he was based at The Curragh) in Hampshire 1910 after coming over from Ireland, County Kildare. Her father was Daniel Meaney, a jockey who was injured by a fall and had a limp. I think Bridget had a sister called Charlotte who moved to Austria (we just know of an aunty Char from austria from a photo and she looks very like Bridget) these are all fragment bits we know from their marriage cert and my grandad who's 93, so any help is greatfully received.

barbarachaos

barbarachaos Report 20 Dec 2007 16:13

Hello Sarah.
Re the Meaney Clan. My grandfather was the head groom for the Aga Khan. I am wondering if your Bridget could be his sister or a cousin... The lived in Kilcullen near the curragh, until they came over to England in the 1930's, He had a lot of children, and my father was born about the same time as your grandfather.
Regards Barbara