Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry and Maria Mears

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 14 Nov 2007 14:15

Trying to find Henry and Maria Mears last info I found in 1861 census living in St Helens, Abington, then in 1871 census their sons Henry W and Thomas are supposed to be living with their mother-in-law Emma Mears but she is only 10 years younger that their parents, I'm puzzled help please.

Potty

Potty Report 14 Nov 2007 14:33

The record actually shows them as Son-in-Law - this was often used to mean step-son. Could Maria have died; Henry remarried and then died himself?

Potty

Potty Report 14 Nov 2007 14:49

Possible death for Maria (image says Mears)
Deaths Dec 1866 (>99%)
Mearn Maria 46 Abingdon 2c 163

Possible marriage for Henry and Emma:

Marriages Sep 1869 (>99%)
MEARS Henry Wallingford 2c 557
PEACEY Emma Wallingford 2c 557

Possible death for Henry:

Deaths Mar 1870 (>99%)
Mears Henry 49 Abingdon 2c 219

Angela

Angela Report 14 Nov 2007 15:40

Thanks!!

I did n't know they would have been called son-in-law, really puzzled me, thanks a lot, (you can tell I'm a newbe).