Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Lee

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MargLee

MargLee Report 2 Jan 2004 08:47

Seeking info on my MESSENGER ancestors/descendants. My paternal grandmother, Rose MESSENGER, was married to my g/father Alexander George Adkins in 1918 in St. James Church, Bermondseys, S.E. London. Rose was born in East London in 1898. Her parents were Benjamin John Messenger and Mary Ann Holleran, married 1884. Ben was born 1866 in Salisbury Lane, Bermondsey. Rose had 3 siblings: Patrick, Elizabeth (Lizzy) and Daniel. Her brother, Dan, married to Alice, had 5 children: Daniel, Patrick, Mary (who went to USA and married), Alexander (a world traveller) and the youngest Vera. My ggg/father was also a Benjamin John Messenger, b. abt 1843 poss Bermondsey, married to Lucy Ann Halliday who died in childbirth in 1873, then married again to Emily Lacy in 1876. I believe my gggg/father was John Frederick Messenger married in 1842 to Rosina Maria Brown. No further info at this point. Any info would be much appreciated. Kind regards Margaret Canada

Susan

Susan Report 9 Nov 2007 16:31

trying to find a connection between Gibbs and Messenger.I have my family in 1866 with a birth certificate but cannot find a marriage between a Henry Gibbs and an Eliza Messenger.Sue