Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Born 1886 - (Intent?) Oxfordshire -

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 8 Nov 2007 11:36

I am having great difficulty in trying to trace the above individual, his wife was name Annie, born in Great Rissington, Gloucestershire.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Julie

Julie Report 8 Nov 2007 11:41

Patricia

Do you have their M/C if yes

Whats his age, dads name, Annie's age. and most important his own surname

Patricia

Patricia Report 21 Nov 2007 22:10

I do not have M/C George Miles was born in Oxford. I think they got married in Shipston On Stour. Or in that area.He was born in 1861.
I only know his wife was called Annie
Patricia

Ivy

Ivy Report 21 Nov 2007 22:46

1901 George and Annie in Aston, B'ham with their children; Annie b approx 1855.

From birthplaces of their children, probably on Oxf/Glouc/Wark borders in 1891.

Ivy

Ivy Report 21 Nov 2007 22:49

In Mickleton in 1891; George H Miles born Hodington in Oxf approx 1857. Annie b approx 1853. Elizabeth and Mary daughters born about 1881 in Rollright.

Ivy

Ivy Report 21 Nov 2007 23:14

George Henry Miles married Ann Day Jun qtr 1881 in Shipston?

Ivy

Ivy Report 21 Nov 2007 23:15

George Henry Miles poss born Ledstone in Oxf? Age 7 in 1871, son of Richard and Julia Miles in Enstone (Chipping Norton reg district)

(Edited - no, see below)

Ivy

Ivy Report 21 Nov 2007 23:27

1881 has a couple of alternatives:

GH Miles son of R&J as above, still living with his parents; or

George Miles, aged 20 lodger in Brailes, born in Oxf but parish of birth not particularly legible - transcribed as Intont!

OK, checked back to 1891 - the one born in 1864 is a patient in St Giles in 1891.

Ivy

Ivy Report 22 Nov 2007 00:17

1871/1861: choosing George Mil*s born in Oxfordshire gives just a few to choose from - either Mills or Miles, and some of these swap from one census to another. The one born in Signett/Lynett has gone to Berkshire; the one born in Milton to Alfred seems not to be the one you are chasing. One born in Kidlington/Ruddleton could be the "Hodington" noted in 1891 - son of John and Mary. However, there are also a couple of George Mills born in Oxford whose age fits more precisely.