Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Minty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 20 Jun 2007 22:01

Hi everyone Well, the information I have on the Minty side of my family has improved somewhat, I have been able to trace them back as far as about 1830 (this being my gx4 grandfather, John Minty, who married Elizabeth Kick), but am still keen to gather as much information as I possibly can. I discovered that most of my Minty family hail from the Corsley/Westbury Wiltshire area, and the majority were either agricultural labourers or furniture makers. I do know that a couple of members went to the Bedwellty area of Wales in the early 1900's (probably to work down the pits), here is where my great grandfather, Sidney Minty, married Doris L Morgan (born 1895, Bedwellty, married 1914 Bedwellty and died 1968 Pontypool) the Morgan side is another branch of my tree I am trying to research, but rather unsuccessfully, so if anyone out there has any information on either the Minty family from Wiltshire or the Morgan family from Bedwellty area, I would be very grateful. Many thanks Sarah Minty (born 1973)