Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Mitchell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 10 Mar 2005 11:37

Hugh Mitchell & Janetta Brackenridge both born in Scotland, they had 6 children, they married in Kinnoul, Perthshire, Scotland, their childrens names were: James B:1811 David B:1813 Elizabeth B: 1815 Hugh B:1817 Helen B: 1819 John B: 1821 Elizabeth, Hugh & John came to Australia in 1842, the other 3 stayed in Scotland, I think John returned to Scotland abt; 1851/54. Does any one have any of these people in their tree? if so please contact me I have a lot of information on Hugh and his descendants from Australia, Elizabeth never married.

jorjasmummy

jorjasmummy Report 22 Dec 2007 19:39

hi jenny, my mother is a mitchell to her maiden name and the surname brackenridge has come up in my family tree. i haven't added the information yet as i am still trying to decipher it all. both my grandparents were mitchell's. my grandfather was a mitchell from muirkirk in ayrshire and my gran a mitchell from cumnock in ayrshire. however both families were not related , well not that i have found so far! i will look through the infomation i have and get back to you a s a p. do you have any hastings in your family tree????