Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Monk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 May 2007 01:00

Hi. I am tying to find out the maiden name if my great grandmother, Harriet Monk. I do not know the christian name of her husband either. All I know is that she had 4 children, Edward Stanley (my grandfather), Ernest, (who married Wynn and had a daughter, Veronica Susan), Nora who married a Webb and had 3 children, (John, Betty and Teddy), and Bassey who married a Legg and had 2 children, (Bassey and Harry). Harriet was born in 1880 and i think she came from Purley in Surrey, but I also know she lived in Denham, (Bucks). My mother was told she descended from the Burley or Burleigh Family who were landed gentry. she then moved on to Harrow or Hendon where my grandfather was born in 1909. He married Edith Lily Groves and they were the parents of my mother Barbara born in 1946. This is all the info my mother remembers and as all of her aunts, uncles and immediate cousins have passed on. I'm not sure where else to go with this, but if any of this sounds ramiliar, please get in touch.