Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Moody b.1822 & Ralph Forster c1800?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 28 Sep 2007 07:58

I´m trying to find the William mentioned above. I have him living at home in 1841 at Beamish Red Row, Tanfield, Co. Durham working as an Agricultural labourer, after that he seems to disappear.
I have his marraige certificate from 1843. He married Mary Ann Forster born c. 1822 (I think). They were both living at Beamish, Co. Durham at the time of the marraige. Mary Ann´s father was called Ralph and is classed as a farmer. I have also tried to find him, unfortunately without result.
Any help would be very much apprieciated.

Regards
Mike

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 28 Sep 2007 09:13

Don't know if this is the William you are looking for.
WILLIAM MOODY B 1824 ENGLAND
MARY MOODY B 1824 ENGLAND
SIDNEY MOODY AGE 14 B ENGLAND
ROSA MOODY AGE 12 B ENGLAND
LIVING STILLWATER, WEBSTER, ONTARIO
THIS EXTRACT FROM 1881 CENSUS.

Also found
MARY A. MOODY AGE 60 WIDOW. B ENGLAND.
LIVING AT PORT PERRY, ONTARIO NORTH, ONTARIO

I hope this is of some help. Good lucjk in your search. Nanny 22.

Michael

Michael Report 8 Dec 2007 20:41

Thanks Nanny22.
I don´t have a clue as to whether it´s the ones I´m looking for or how to go about finding out if it is or not.
It is a close match with regards to William and Mary however.

Thanks
Mike