Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Morgan-Charles EF Davis Brother's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 31 May 2008 03:00

John Morgan born Victoria Aust has brother Charles Ernest Francis Davis also born Vic Australia. Mother was Ethel Blanch McConnell she died 1954. Can you help......Ellen

Valerie

Valerie Report 1 Jun 2008 02:58

Hi Ellen -you could try the VIC State Library -they have an 'Ask Us' librarian service -(query form on-line) - they will check electoral rolls for them - if you give them an approximate year they should've been 'listed'. ... Do you have any 'middle' name for 'John Morgan' which may be difficult to find. (Charles E F Davis should be easier) ....Valerie (WA)

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 1 Jun 2008 06:04

Found marriage of Ethel Blanche Mc Connell in 1914 (Reg. 7217)
to Charles Goulburn DAVIS; b. 1887 Tall. (?) father :- Charles Richard Davis; mother:- Ellen Ther. Crofts

Found birth of Charels Ernest Francis DAVIS 1917, Armadale.

Could not find a marriage nor a death in Vic
Also checked the WW2 roll but not there either.
Checked marriages in NSW... nothing with his full name
Checked Electoral roll 1901 - 1936... again, nothing with his full name

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 Aug 2008 04:51

Not sure if this is the right John Morgan, I knew a John Henry Morgan born around 1916 he married Rita Agnes not sure of her maiden name John Henry Morgan passed away 16th May 1983 my name is Elaine and he was my grandfather.

I hope this help, please let know not sure where he was born