Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Morris

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 13 Jun 2007 16:12

GEORGE FREDRICK MORRIS 05/07/1916 Hi, I am trying to find anyone who may have info on my Grandfather (above) and his brothers and sisters. He was one of 10 children, I think 7 boys and 3 girls. He was born on 05/07/1916 and i believe in somewhere like Battersea or Camberwell (south london). He lived in Putney and worked as a Butcher in Fulham. I believe that he had a sister called Doll Morris (Married name now Coleman) and a brother called Robert (Bob) Morris. There are a few rumours in my family that say he fell out with most of his brothers and sisters and that many of them moved down to or near cornwall although i dont know this for certain. I still dont have much info on his parents but think his mothers maiden name might have been Miller.

Rose

Rose Report 1 Nov 2007 16:15

Have you had any luck with your Morris inquiry? Is this line conncted to the Morris-Tyrrell families from London who were involved in the paiting and home decoration business?

Cheers, Rose