Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daughter of RUBY CLAYTON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anji

Anji Report 5 Jan 2008 00:31

I am trying to trace my long lost cousin. A daughter born to RUBY CLAYTON. (WOLVERHAMPTON AREA) Possibly named
JEAN OR JANE. I don't have a date as this was kept secret from us until my aunt's death. If anyone has any info, pls get in touch.

We are waiting to welcome our lost cousin. My siblings and I grew up never knowing we had a cousin - we did, just this one!
I do know that this adopted cousin had traced her birth mother and visited, but unfortunately was too late as my aunt had died, and sadly my uncle turned her away.

Hoping to make contact as we would love to meet you, and can tell you all about your birth mother (and possibly birth father too).

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 00:36

have you tried searching on this site for her name to see if she has started her own tree??

There are a few adoption sites she might have put her name on.

Have you any idea of dates at all...? When was your Aunt born? how old was she when she dies if you don;t have the first figure... any help you can give us in trying to find your Cousin....

Have you tried contacting the local council to where your aunt was living to see if they have a record of the adoption?

My guess would be she has already logged herself onto an adoptee's website. You might wanna use your Aunts name as the starting point when searching for data

Good Luck

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jan 2008 01:15

Anji -- you can use the "Edit" function (lower right corner of your first post) to change the title of this thread. (Isn't the system wonderful? You probably thought it did have a title ...)

Then you can just delete that other one.

There are several people with Ruby Claytons in their trees who resemble yours (born 1925 Wolverhampton, Wayne -- don't you just hate it when somebody does this?!) -- keep in mind that your cousin might not know her mother's exact date and place of birth, so I'd contact all of those people, if you aren't already in touch.

Anji

Anji Report 5 Jan 2008 01:27

Hi Kathryn and Wayne. Thx for your tips!

Did not think to try to edit title - its late, I'm tired..

Wayne - I wouldn't know where my aunt was living when she gave birth. I'm sure she was sent away for the confinement, as it was in the 50's or 60's and the baby was illegitimate...

I have just been looking up adoptee sites and other reunion sites. I have already messaged matches to the name in others trees that came up on here but only 2 to try really.

I do know that my cousin definately traced and actually visited her birth mothers home, possibly in 1997 or 1998, but sadly my aunt had died and she was turned away by my uncle.

I'm trying to find her because we would welcome her and be able to tell her about her birth mother, who we spent a lot of time with.

Thx again, keep your fingers crossed that something turns up for me.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 01:30

Ha Ha Ha, Yeah Kathryn, dodging them left right and centre!!

Anji

Anji Report 5 Jan 2008 01:35

C'mon guys, I don't know the intricacies of this sites' forum, they're all a bit different aren't they.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jan 2008 01:37

No, Wayne. ;) I meant when you poke somebody for more info, and somebody else comes along and undercuts you by finding it. Heh.

Anji -- definitely fingers crossed. There are people here who know a lot about adoptee tracing in the UK (me, I'm in Canada, I know nothing).

You might look at the Tips board ... oh look, one of the sorts of things I was going to say to look for is right on the front page now:

http://genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=700989

"adoption/hints and hugs from other adoptees"

The people in that thread are likely the ones who can give you pointers.

Anji

Anji Report 5 Jan 2008 01:40

Thx Kathryn, will follow that up tomorrow. Now, must give in to sleep.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Jan 2008 02:11

Sleep?? whats that then.....hahaha