Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find info on my biological father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 17 Nov 2007 22:38

I'm trying to track down any information about my biological father, Nigel Patrick Muldoon. All I have is his date of birth 8/5/1952 in Halifax, West Yorkshire. And he died April/May 2000 in Exeter, Devon. I would like to fill in the blanks on that side of my family. Many thanks.

Victoria

Victoria Report 17 Nov 2007 23:07

Hi Sara,

His mothers maiden name was Shaw and the ref for his birth is

Muldoon , Nigel P, mmn Shaw born Halifax registered 2nd quarter 1952 ref 2b 830. If you ordered the birth certificate from www.gro.gov.uk and ticked yes for is GRO ref known as this is the info given above, it would cost you £7 and you would get the names of his mother and father and where his family lived.

BW

Jane

Victoria

Victoria Report 17 Nov 2007 23:09

Hi again,

Other than that you could order the death certificate. These are the details.

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about Nigel Patrick Muldoon
Name: Nigel Patrick Muldoon
Birth Date: 18 May 1952
Death Registration Month/Year: May 2000
Age at death (estimated): 48
Registration district: Exeter
Inferred County: Devon
Register number: C62F
Entry Number: 120

Hope this helps

Jane

Sara

Sara Report 26 Nov 2007 13:16

Many thanks for this info. I finally plucked up the courage to order his birth and death certificate. I now know his parents names and as a result of the death certificate, I've found out I have a half sister I knew nothing about. I'm now in the process if tracking her down along with any other relatives I may come across. Once again many thanks.

Julie

Julie Report 26 Nov 2007 13:28

Sara

There is a lady called Jean on the records board that has a thread called : Are you looking for someone ?

Jean has a copy of the 2007 Electoral Register on disc, and might be able to help you out