Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Mulford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 25 Apr 2004 01:03

My Mulford family originated from Wantage, Berkshire. They were William Mulford & Maria Sims. they moved to Bedford, Leigh, Lancashire abt 1872. Would like to get in touch with anyone researching Mulfords in either of these two areas Grateful for any help

Michael

Michael Report 22 Sep 2007 12:52

Tracey
Whilst trying a trace on some Mulfords I got a lot of info on two Mulfords (I suspect they were at least cousins if not closer) who were killed in WW1 within days of each other. They were from the area you mention. If this might be of interest, please come back. I have just changed broadband ISP and email but this new one should work. I was looking in Berkshire because my grandfather's family certainly have some connections there.

Michael Mulford

Dave

Dave Report 25 Oct 2007 20:18

Hi Tracey, not sure that this actually affects your direct line, but thought it might be of some interest. My great-great-great-great grandfather's younger brother (Samuel Rowland b.1763) had 3 sons & a daughter, the first son was James Rowland (b. 28th Jan 1787), who married Jemima Mulford on 12th Sept 1813 at West Hendred, in the general area of Wantage. Most of my family originate from the Sparsholt, Wantage, Childrey, Westcot & Challow area, so I'm pretty sure that Jemima would be a distant part of your family. Incidentally, the couple had 7 children. Hope this hasn't bored you! Keep digging, Dave Rowland.