Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anne Kermack

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 20 Apr 2003 00:50

My father's mother's name was Eliza Thomson Mutter. I know that she had two brothers but I don't think there were any other farmily members. One (whose name I cannot remember) emigrated to America, never married and died around 1960. The other brother lived latterly in Maryhill Road in Glasgow and his name was Thomas. My father was the only child of her marriage to James Humphrey and she died in 1930 or 1931. The family had extremely bad eyesight which was a hereditery condition and is passed on through the female side of the family to the males. I am led to believe that my grandmother was of German extraction. Does any of this relate to you? I look forward to hearing from you.

Sheena

Sheena Report 4 Jan 2008 21:58

Hi Anne
My info does not necessarily relate to your Mutter family, but i have an Elizabeth Mutter b1772 in Lasswade Midlothian. Father James Mutter b1744[one sibling John b1743]in Lasswade and mother Anne Teat whom i think came from Caithness.
James Mutters Father was Galvin Mutter And mother was Elizabeth Cleark.
I have heard that the surname originates in Germany but there seems to have been a few of them in Scotland in the 1700's.
Sheena