Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Neville

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nevill

Nevill Report 12 Jul 2007 23:09

Nevill Rice (04/07/2007 23:51:46) | Update Message | Delete Message
William John Neville or Nevill, my great-Uncle I am trying to locate the descendants of William John Nevill (or Neville), born in Halesowen, Worcestershire in 1863, the son of Henry Nevill and Elizabeth Matson and younger brother of Henry Matson Nevill who emigrated to South Africa in 1874 and was my maternal grandfather. William John was a grocer in Birmingham according to the 1901 census and had a son, also William born in 1890. His sister was Charlotte Louisa Nevill(e), who worked in Warwick as a Prison Matron. My family lost contact with them after my grandfather's death in 1909 but there are a whole tribe of Nevill's still living in South Africa including a 94 year old cousin of mine. I returned to England in 1961 and have llived here since. My mother Eulalie died in 1996 at the age of 98

Nevill Rice (4/7/2007)