Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EDWIN NICHOLLS/ MARY THOMAS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 13 Sep 2008 20:13

My ancestor Mary Thomas married Edwin Nicholls on 7th March 1871 in Tredegar, Wales. I am trying to find out what happened to them after this. When my great grandfather Thomas Thomas died in 1949 in Troedrhigwgair Tredegar a J Nicholls attended the funeral. Does anyone know anything about this Nicholls family or Mary Thomas/Nicholls.

John

John Report 14 Sep 2008 23:16

Where was Edwin Nicholls born and when? John

June

June Report 18 Apr 2010 15:23

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. All l have on Edwin Nicholls is that he was 34 years of age when he married Mary Thomas in 1871. He was a Hester in the Iron Works and his father John Nicholls was a Tailor. That is all l have.
Hope it helps. I still haven't got any further running out of ideas.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 18 Apr 2010 16:42

Can you give more information about Mary Thomas? How is she your ancestor? When born? She is possibly old enough to be your Thomas Thomas's aunt. Any descendant of hers attending a funeral in 1949 is likely to be quite remotely related to your great grandfather and could be hard to find.

I can't find her with Edwin Nicholls.

June

June Report 5 May 2010 14:57

MARY THOMAS is the mother of Thomas Thomas. She was born about 1846 in Tredegar. Have been to local records office but no record of her birth.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 5 May 2010 19:49

Duplicate - several replies on other thread
Liz