Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick Nicholls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 20 Aug 2009 11:55

Hi, does anyone have a Frederick Nicholls on their family tree who was born around 1890-1895?? Possibly earlier?!! I know, VERY vague and I don't even have a definate place of birth.

He may have been born in Gloucestershire, Devon or Cornwall(!), his father was called William Henry Nicholls and was a House Builder, very likely dead by 1925. He also had a sister with the initial 'M' who married a Mr Hazel and lived in London in 1927.

Frederick may or may not have a middle name beginning with 'K' and was also a House Builder.

He was last known to be living in Plymouth at the outbreak of war. He would have been between 40-50. He had a family living in Exeter but I'm open to the possiblility he had another family.

I've found various possible births and matches on census returns but nothing definate. Would love to know what happened to him as he was my great grandfather and disappeared when my nan was 14, never to be seen again.

If anyone saw the Kim Catrall episode of WDYTYA, it may well have been a similar situation to hers.

Anyway, any leads, however loose will be gratefully received,
Many thanks,
Kelly