Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

England to Australia to New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roger

Roger Report 16 Sep 2007 09:50

NICHOLLS John C 1800 a Teacher, with at least two Sons John
C1830 and James lived at 200 Tooley St Thames London and migrated C1835 to NSW Australia. The possibly went over to Tasmania. Son John at about 28 left for NZ, possibly with James who returned to England. John C1830 married as John HOWARD NICHOLLS in September 1875. This record is the firt legal document of either of them.

Any hint of more information to lead my cross matching would be great. Any one who has other names a Wife, Mother and siblings would narrow my search of the 1841 Census if they were still in England.

Any leads to search in Australia would be terrific. I have very little to go on in Aust. And the latest postings on the Convict direction don't appear to match anything.
Direct contact ok at [email protected]