Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Nurse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Faye

Faye Report 15 Jul 2007 14:52

I’m trying to find information regarding the family of my great-grandmother Rosa NURSE, b. 21 Jan 1844 at 29 Hertford St. Tottenham, St. Pancras, Middlesex. Her father was Edmund NURSE, a plumber, and her mother was Rose/Rosey/Rosie EARLE. When Edmund and Rosey married on 23 April 1843 at St. Mary’s Church of Marylebone, witnesses of the marriage were: William NURSE, Elizabeth NURSE and Martha PERREY. Edmund’s father was also named Edmund NURSE, and he too, was a plumber. Rosey’s father was George EARLE and he was a carpenter. Rosa does not appear on the 1861 census, therefore making it appear that perhaps she came to Australia earlier than previously thought. She married my great-grandfather, german-born, Helmuth Heinrich Cristoffer WERNICKE (b.1840 in Butzow, Mecklenburg, Schwerin, Germany), in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia in October 1863. Rosa’s siblings were: Edmund George (or George Edmund)b.c. 1846; Eliza b.c. 1850-52; and Henry b.c. 1858. Rosey NURSE (nee EARLE) appears as a widow in the 1861 census, with all the children except Rosa. Eliza married Alfred HARRISON in 1881 in Chelsea. Her mother Rosey and brother Henry were witnesses to the marriage. Alfred was an upholsterer, as was his father Francis HARRISON. George Edmund NURSE (Labourer) of 133 Whitfield Street, Tottenham Court, died in 1903 of suicide poisoning. Any connection to these people would be appreciated.