Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find O'Connell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peggy

Peggy Report 5 Nov 2004 04:01

Hi all. Jack (John) O'Connell I am trying to find the impossable. My late Father-in-law. Had a family in Ireland.Which he left behind, to start a new life in Australia.I know nothing about this family, only there were 3 children born. I don't know, if this family was to join Jack in Australia at a later date. This would be about the early 1920, 1930s. I would like to locate these people, to let them know, they have step brothers and sisters, in Australia looking for them. If this story sounds like one you have heard in Ireland. I would like to hear from you, or one of the children (adults) Jack come from County Cork area. Any help. Thank you Peggy [email protected]

Victoria

Victoria Report 2 Jan 2008 16:53

Hello Peggy

This stories sound familiar to one in my family.

My Grandfathers brother John, left his family in Cardiff South Wales about this time and disappeared somewhere in Australia. This story was told to me over the christmas period by my mother and uncle. He was married and had children in Cardiff but when he split from his wife, he moved to Australia. This would have been about the time you stated.

John was the youngest child of John and Eliza O'Connell born in approx 1904, Eliza with in the next year, John senior remarried Sarah Walters in 1910 and the had another 3 children, but I'm not sure of their names. John's brothers were Dennis (my grandfather) dob 1902 and Robert 1903.

In my researching my family tree, not everything we are told is correct (chinese whispers), therefore, this may be a coincident or it could be another piece of our puzzle.

I hope I'm of help

kind regards

Victoria Howard