Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ogilvie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 7 May 2007 05:58

Valerie Scott Morshead, Hello, I'm lucky that I've found out a bit about my Gt. Grandmother Janet Ogilvie,thanks to connections in Genes reunited. But always hopeful about finding more.!!! Janet was born in Falkirk,Stirlingshire, Scotland, in 1841. Her parents were James Ogilvie and Ann McKenzie. Janet married William Featonby.in Vic- toria and one of their sons was George Ernest Featonby my Grandfather. He worked in the goldfieldds of West- ern Australia,but later came to live in New Zealand. I thought that Janet was born in Vic. Aus. How easy it is to get onto the wrong track,Thank you John and Sharon And thank you Genes reunited. !!! Regards, Valerie Scott Morshead. New Zealand