Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Oliver

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 22 May 2007 23:27

Trying to find Minnie Oliver 1876, Alice Lucy Oliver 1883, Florence Oliver 1885 and Henry William Oliver 1868 children of Henry William and Louisa Murch.

My father has no record of any sisters of the three sisters above his father never passed any information onto him.

I first posted this in May o7 it is now Dec 07, I have found out that my father has another sister Louisa Oliver she was born in 1867 in Colchester in the 1901 census she was working at the Cambridge Arms in colchester

The family were living minus Louisa at Dagnall Street St Albans in the 101 census.

My father is now 90 (Henry Oliver) I would like to try and find any of the above decendants for him, so he can possibly find out why his father never told him about all his aunties.

Minnies Married name was Goodman.

After my father retired he spent years trying to find a marriage certificate between his mum and dad - these searches led him to look at other areas. But is was the 1901 census that threw up the can of worms when I looked for his Grandma Louisa Murch from Gibralta, there are millions of olivers and I am afraid it takes a lot of time searching.

I am convinced that our oliver descendants are not on this database.

Doreen