Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hazel Osborne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tanith

Tanith Report 11 Dec 2007 19:59

Hi,

I am trying to find my grandfathers sister Hazel Osborne. I don't know where to start as i dont know whether she was younger or older than him (he was born 1921) I do know that she married a Tom Birkett but again i am not sure when, it would have been between 1935 and 1990 i guess. I have searched in this range on Ancestry and four matches to her name come up but i am not a member so cannot see any further info. Could someone look and see if any of these are to a Birkett please?

Many thanks
Tan

Maureen

Maureen Report 11 Dec 2007 21:46

Hi

Found a marriage in 1948 March Quarter
Thomas Birkett Osborne Surrey S.W.
Violet R.H. Osborne Birkett Surrey S.W.
Registration no. 5g 1801

Maureen

Maureen Report 11 Dec 2007 22:41

hi again

have found a birth for Violet R. Osborne for June 1912 in Abingdon Berkshire. mother's name was Tinsom.
There were at least 2 more Violets so this might not be the one..
If she married in 1948 she would have been 36 years.

Tanith

Tanith Report 23 Dec 2007 21:24

Hi,

Thanks for this i will order the marriage cert to see if it may be the one. I don't think the birth one is what i am looking for as her mothers name was Violet Waldon/Walton (not sure which as i cannot read the handwriting) Can you see any that have this as the mothers name?

Many thanks
Tanith