Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Caroline Paine

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 29 Oct 2007 12:47

I'm looking for info on Caroline Paine from Fulham S.W London. She was my paternal grandmother but I know little of her. She might have married a Charles, or possibly Ernest Saunders - the name she used when she registered the birth of my aunt, Carrie Grace, in 1920. My father, Frederick's, birth record in 1918 shows no father but on his marriage certificate his father is shown as Charles Saunders. I have searched BMD for a marriage that matches the names but with no success so it is possible that they were never married.
On both certificates Charles / Ernest Saunders is shown as being a miller in a brewery.
Although registered as Saunders, both my father and aunt grew up thinking thier name was Chapman, I have no idea why, and she put them both in a childrens home in Banstead under that name, probably in the early to mid 1920's. When they came out of the home around 1934, they found that they had gained a sister, Gladys, father unknown. She died in the 1980's, I never knew about her until after her death.
Caroline Paine was still alive when I was born in 1949 but I believe she took her own life in the mid-50's
I would appreciate any help on this.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 29 Oct 2007 14:28

Do you know what last name she had when she died? What surname was your father given at birth?