Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

actors real name or not?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ivor

Ivor Report 26 Oct 2007 21:49

can anybody help a newboy to this, I have discoved my g-fathers half brother was the actor, macdonald parke who was born 30/7/1891 in canada. and died in london july 1960. i found this info on a film biography site. is there a way to find out his real name and where in canada he came from. my great grandfathers name was stephen spencer, a photographer
hope somebdy out ther can help
regards
ivor

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 26 Oct 2007 22:04

Ivor

I checked the deaths for 'Parke' in 3rd quarter of 1960.

Only name to match the age of Macdonald was this one....

John A.M. Parke
Ages 68
Croydon
Volume 5g
Page 53.

You could buy the death cert and see if it holds any clues?

Geraldine

PS...I 'googled' Macdonald Parke and it says he was an American?

Linda

Linda Report 26 Oct 2007 22:12

Wonder if this could be him?

Deaths 3rd quarter 1960:

Parke, John A M (aged 68) Croydon 5g 53

In the phone directories on ancestry there's a J A MacDonald Parke and in later listings a MacDonald Parke - perhaps the same person? Croydon/London area. Just a thought!