Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosalyn Dawson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalyn

Rosalyn Report 16 Jul 2007 16:30

Looking for info on my Grandparents on my dad's side. Clifford Dawson - From Barnsley area.I think. Born 17/12/1915. Died Jan 1977 Martha Dawson (nee Ball) - possibly Born in Ormskirk, Lancs in 1919 (Oct/Nov/Dec). Died 31/12/1953 from T.B. They had 2 children Peter Anthony - 1942 Joseph - 1948 They lived in an Old Abbey in Cundy Cross, Barnsley. Martha had T.B and was in a hospital which I guess was nearby as I've heard stories of how she would sneak home to see her children. Clifford went on to re-marry (Oct/Nov/Dec 1959) a Winnie Parry and had several children............... Patricia born April/May/June 1960 Julie Margaret born Oct/Nov/Dec 1963 Heather Kevin and Joanne All born in the Barnsley area we think There was also a Ernest, Leonard and Edith who were older siblings of Clifford and possibly John who we believe died in one of the world wars. They were born in Lancashire, possibly Blackburn area. They moved to the Barnsley area during/around the 1st World War we think. Any info would be great Is there anyone from the Barnsley (Cundy Cross) area that could possibly recognise the family details, even if not related and point me in the right direction????