Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patrica Lyons

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patrica

Patrica Report 10 Jun 2007 13:47

My family left Gourock to imigrate to New Zealand in April, 1954 when we were 5 years old. I remember leaving and wondering why everyone was crying, it was a big step for my parents to leave all the family, we had a good life in New Zealand but Scotland was always home. My parents had their first trip after being away ffrom Gourock for 19 years,, they had 5 trips altogethor. I finally had my first trip in 1987 and loved it, wonderful to met all my relataives and cousins again. My dream is to return again next year. The family has grown smaller so its impotant i get there as soon as possible. Please if anyone knows of the Lyons family from Gourock please get in touch with me. Moved to North Queenssland Australia 26 years ago.