Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 8 Jan 2008 01:29

Hello,

I have had great success in finding my real mother, unfortunately she has no interest, she has other children whom i would like to contact. I have a brother and two sisters. His name is Paul Connolly and he works as a prison guard in cork,ireland. He has a sister called marie who lives in cobh, cork. They have a younger sister but im not sure of her name. I would very much like them to know that im their elder sister and wish them no harm, just want to let them know that im alive.

anyone out there please help!!!

thanks

jane.x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 8 Jan 2008 02:00

It took some intensive googling ...

http://www.poa.ie/
The Prison Officers' Association represents Prison Officers in the 26 Counties of the Republic of Ireland.

If the phone directory isn't helping (as a prison officer, he may well not have his phone number listed publicly), I'd try contacting the union and asking to have a message conveyed to your brother, who is undoubtedly a member, to ask him to get in touch with you.

Worth a try!

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 Jan 2008 02:46

Kathryn B

What a star!!!!

Am only adding to this cos I want to know the outcome! (cos i'm nosey) lol

Gerri x

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 8 Jan 2008 02:50

Oh garsh, just the google again. I love it. It was just trying to figure out whether they are prison guards, or corrections/correctional officers ... prison officers is one I haven't heard before myself.

I always think "union" when I see someone in an occupation like this -- teacher, nurse, that sort of thing, where there is a single national association usually. I have no clue whether it would work, but I'm curious too!