Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Payne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 31 May 2007 22:34

hi my name is shirley archer (nee payne),i am just starting my family tree and need to find out first about my grandparents,dont really know much,my father was name alan joseph payne and born in guildford surrey 1929his,brothers ray,stan,and sisters evelyn,edna,eileen or irene not really sure but later my dad and his family moved to tipton westmidlands,i do know his sister died of nuemonia when she was in her late teens,that was eileen (irene) my dad died 2004 and never got to ask him all things i wanted to know,i do remember as a little girl he used to say his dad(my grandad) was name joseph payne and known as joe was born in westbromwich my nans name was clara burns born in tipton but she passed away when my dad was about 8yrs old so would have been around 1937+ so anyone knowing of payne family from tipton please get in touch or any info no matter how small will be greatly appreciated shirl